Infection Prevention and Control
A key objective of RJAH is to maintain a clean culture throughout the Trust and to ensure that hand hygiene and infection prevention and control is embedded in the management agenda and the accountability of all staff.
The infection prevention and control team works to support and advise in the prevention and control of infection. Our team's aims are to:
- Provide an advisory service from the microbiologist 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Provide education and support
- Undertake continuous surveillance which helps us to benchmark against other Trusts
- Support and advise on the prevention and control of outbreaks or incidents associated with infection
- Indicate areas of risk to the Trust and advise on action
- Support and initiate audit, research and innovations in infection prevention and control
- Provide appropriate infection control advice on developments and refurbishments.
- Communicate through a team of link professionals from all specialities to cascade knowledge throughout the organisation
2021/22 key achievements
You can read the latest IPC and Cleanliness Annual Report here.