Coming into Hospital
Coming into hospital
This section explains what you can expect during your stay in hospital. Our aim is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please ask us if there is anything we can do to make your stay with us better.
If you have any questions or concerns during your stay please speak to the nurse in charge.
What to bring?
You should bring:
- Any medicines or tablets you are taking, including over the counter medicines
- Wet wipes for hand hygiene
- Pyjamas or night-dress
- Dressing gown and slippers
- Day wear - comfortable clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap and deodorant
- Shaving items and mirror if appropriate
- Sanitary products such as tampons if appropriate
- A book or magazines
- Spectacles if you need them
- Small change for newspapers and telephone
- Bath towel and a flannel or sponge
- Bottle of squash
- Walking aid – frame, stick, crutches – if you need these
You can also bring mobile phone, headphones or tablets. More about WiFi in the Trust can be found here.
Please do not bring:
- Large amounts of money
- Valuables such as jewellery
- Electrical items except shaver
- Alcohol or illegal substances
Please note: the Trust cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to patients’ property. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer to this effect.