Please note: due to the ongoing circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, patients and visitors are able to make a payment by card at the payment machine. If patients and visitors do not have a card to pay with, cash is also accepted.
RJAH have designated car parking facilities for patients and visitors. Our hospital is very busy, so please allow plenty of time before your appointment to park.
Covid vaccination parking
If you are visiting RJAH for your covid vaccination, please follow the yellow signage outside the hospital site and park in the dedicated car park. On the hospital site map, Car Park B is currently being used for patients coming for a vaccination.
Parking charges at RJAH
Daily charge (up-to 24 hours)
Ten visit ticket
If you will be purchasing a weekly or ten visit ticket, please pay for these via the machines and you will be issued with the relevant ticket. Please take the ticket to the Car Park Attendants, located in the hut on Car Park A, who will issue you with a permit to display on your windscreen. If on the first day you are unable to find the Attendants, simply display the machine ticket on your dashboard and find them the next time you visit the site.
A ten visit ticket does not need to be used over consecutive days.
Please note: the ticket machine does not give change and does not accept 1p, 2p coins or any old coins.
|How do I pay?||Blue Badge Holders||Help with parking|
|Payment should be made by using one of the ticket machines before you head into the hospital for an appointment or visit.
Patients and visitors can pay by debit and credit card or cash.
If you are a holder of a blue registered disabled badge there are designated spaces at various locations around the hospital site.
Remember to display your blue badge wherever you park.
The car parks are managed on our behalf by CP Plus. Please talk to the CP Plus Attendants if you have difficulties with parking, who will be pleased to help.
They will assist you if you experience difficulties with the pay machines, finding your way into the hospital, helping to find assistance if your car should breakdown whilst in the car park and finding an available parking space.
There are some groups of patients and visitors who are not required to pay for car parking:
- Those who are receiving cancer treatment as an inpatient on Oswald Ward
- Those who are staying in hospital with their children on the Alice Ward, the paediatric unit
- Those who are visiting patients on an end-of-life care pathway
If you fall in to any of the above groups, please speak to the ward or department you are visiting who will issue a permit.
Electric charging points
There are eight electric vehicle charging points in Car Park A at RJAH.
To use the charging points, users will need to download the VendElectric App from either the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the instructions, including entering payment card details.
Users can scan the QR code on each charging point which will open the app to enter the required charge time.
The app can also be used to check for free spaces prior to arrival.
Patients and visitors who will be using the charging points will also be required to pay the parking charge at the RJAH site.
Hospital site map
- A copy of the hospital site map, including information of the locations of patient and visitor car parks, can be found here.
- Dedicated drop-off and pick-up parking spaces are provided outside the Main Entrances at the hospital for your convenience. Please note: there is a 20 minute time limit with these spaces. Please help us to improve local air quality by switching off your engine in these bays
Healthcare Travel Cost Scheme
- Some people are eligible for full or partial refund of their hospital travel/parking costs. Please visit our Help With Travel Costs page for more information.
- RJAH cannot accept responsibility for vehicles parked on its sites. Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk.
- The hospital is a busy sites and the Trust cannot risk roads and entrances to the hospitals being blocked by inappropriately parked vehicles. All vehicles must be parked within the marked bays only; not parked on double yellows, yellow cross-hatched boxes or on grass.
- Only holders of a blue registered disabled badge are allowed to park in the designated disabled parking spaces. They must display their blue badge.
- The owner of any vehicle that causes damage to Trust property will be liable for the full cost of repair/reinstatement of the damaged property.