Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
- We’re here to help!
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides support to patients, carers and relatives, representing their views and resolving local difficulties on the spot by working in partnership with Trust staff.
The PALS officer acts on the patient's behalf when dealing with patient and family concerns, liaising with hospital staff, managers and where appropriate, relevant organisations to negotiate immediate or prompt solutions. PALS can also help the patient get support from other local or national agencies. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service focuses on improving the service to NHS patients. It is also a service that is central to the NHS plan of patient and public involvement that puts the patient at the heart of the NHS.
The service aims to:
- Provide on-the-spot help, advice and support for patients, their families and carers
- Provide information on NHS Services
- Listen to patient's concerns, suggestions or queries
- Help resolve patient's problems quickly on their behalf
- Put the patient into contact with other specialist support and advice agencies/groups
- Learn from patients experience
PALS is a confidential service and you have a right to see any records we may keep regarding your enquiries.
How to contact PALS?
PALS can be contacted in the following ways. The office is signposted on the main corridor next to the Chapel.
An answer phone will take out of hours messages and PALS will then return the call as soon as possible
- Alison Harper PALS officer 01691 404606
- Janet King PALS Assistant 01691 404015
- Emily Pritchard PALS apprentice 01691 404608
Write to: The PALS Officer
Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
Other PAL offices in Shropshire can be contacted at:
- Shropshire County Primary Care Trust: 0800 032 1107
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital: 01743 261691
- Princess Royal Hospital: 01952 282888
- Telford & Wrekin Primary Care Trust: 01952 580478
Links to other websites