Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides support to patients, carers and relatives, representing their views and resolving local difficulties on the spot by working in partnership with Trust staff.
The PALS staff act on the patient's behalf when dealing with patient and family concerns, liaising with hospital staff, managers and where appropriate, relevant organisations to negotiate immediate or prompt solutions. PALS can also help the patient get support from other local or national agencies. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service focuses on listening to patient feedback to improve services and experience to NHS patients. Improving the patient experience is seen as a key priority for the NHS and endorsed in Government White paper ‘Equity and Excellence’ July 2010 “to put patients at the heart of the NHS”.
The service aims to:
- Provide on-the-spot help, advice and support for patients, their families and carers
- Provide information on NHS Services
- Listen to patient's concerns, suggestions or queries
- Help resolve patient's problems quickly on their behalf
- Put the patient into contact with other specialist support and advice agencies/groups
- Learn from patients experience
PALS is a confidential service and you have a right to see any records we may keep regarding your enquiries.
How to contact PALS?
PALS can be contacted in the following ways:
- PALS staff are available to meet patients on a face to face basis on the ward or in clinic by contacting 01691 40 4606 / 4608
- Alternatively appointments can be made by telephoning the above number.
- An answer phone will take out of hours messages and PALS will then return the call as soon as possible
- Or Email: PALS.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or Write to the:
Patient Experience Manager / PALS Lead
Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
Other PAL offices in Shropshire can be contacted at:
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital: 01743 261691
- Princess Royal Hospital: 01952 282888
- Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust: 01743 277689
- PALS services for Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has now been taken on by the Staffordshire Clinical Support Services: Freephone: 0800 030 4563 - There is also a 24 hour answer phone service.
Links to other websites