“The Best of Both Worlds –
private treatment in a leading specialist NHS hospital”
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust offers a range of first class services for private patients.
Why Choose Us?
- 36 of our top orthopaedic surgeons offer private treatment working alongside other specialist clinical staff.
- Specialist orthopaedic treatments covering a range of problems including joint replacement, upper limb surgery (shoulder, elbow and hand), spinal surgery, and lower limb surgery (hip, knee, foot and ankle) and sports injuries.
- Services for private patients are competitively-priced, with fixed cost packages available for self-funded patients.
- Dedicated private unit, The Ludlow Unit at Oswestry, with 16 private en-suite rooms.
- Consistently low infection rates and highest standards of cleanliness.
- Maintain high patient satisfaction.
- The income generated through private patients is important to the hospital and is reinvested to further develop our world-class facilities and clinical services; both NHS and private patients benefit.
- As part of the NHS, the Trust gives the security and assurances expected of the NHS.
- Private Physiotherapy Clinic and Imaging Services.
- Hydrotherapy pool for rehabilitation
- Free Wi-Fi.
"Patient Information Films: Ludlow Unit - Private Patient Care
We have carefully prepared a short film about The Ludlow Unit. The film follows real patients through pre-operative assessment within the private unit, as well checking into the ward on the day of their surgery. It highlights the typical run through meeting with consultants and after care with the physio department.
The film is very important as it is designed to make you feel more comfortable in advance of coming into hospital. It will familiarise you with the staff and surroundings, helping you to prepare for what to expect.
Please be reassured that there is no explicit medical imagery in any of the films you have been asked to view – you will not see any operations, blood or needles in the films.
How to Access Services on the Ludlow Unit
Patients can speak to their General Practitioner and ask to be referred to a consultant of their choice at the Ludlow Unit. Alternatively patients can refer themselves by contacting the Private Secretary directly but a General Practitioner referral letter is still required.
Patient feedback is always welcome and all patients on Ludlow Unit are provided with a comment card 24 hours prior to discharge. If for any reason, the Unit does not meet expectations we want to know about it so we can put it right.
Fixed Cost Packages
Examples of packages available at the Ludlow Unit include:
- Total Hip replacement packages from £9,422 (dependent upon implant used).
- Total Knee replacement packages from £9,845 (dependent upon implant used).
- Arthroscopy packages from £2,811 (day case).
Further packages for the non-insured patients are obtainable upon request from Elaina Lewis, 01691 404307, E-mail: Ludlow.Unit@rjah.nhs.uk