Volunteering and League of Friends
League of Friends
The League of Friends to The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Registered Charity No. 249346) was set up in 1961. Since that time the group has raised over £4 million for the benefit of the hospital.
Unique in its network of fund-raising branches, based in the town and villages of Shropshire, Mid and North Wales. The League
- Gives financial support for amenities, medical equipment and research
- Offers support and friendship to patients and ex-patients
- Fosters the interest of the public in the work of the hospital and recruits volunteers
- Provides many services including the League of Friends Shop, Coffee Shop, Help Desk, trolley services to the wards, Disabled Swimming Club, a spinal feeding scheme, Patients' Library and flower arranging around the hospital.
- Organises an annual League of Friends summer fair held on the hospital grounds. Usually the last Saturday in June.
League of Friends branches are located at Bala, Baschurch, Bishop's Castle, Chirk, Corwen, Llanfair Caereinion, Llangollen, Ludlow, Market Drayton, Newtown, Oswestry, Priorslee and St. George's, Shrewsbury, Tanat Valley, Welshpool and Whitchurch.
Rheumatology patients are encouraged to join the Oswestry Rheumatology Association which is also a branch of the League. All branches raise money to help the work carried out by the hospital and they welcome new members at any time.
If you would like to help with the work of the League of Friends, either as a branch member or as a volunteer at the hospital, please contact:
Address: Organising Secretary
League of Friends Office
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Telephone: 01691 404401
Please remember - a donation, however large or small, will help us with our work. These can be sent to the Organising Secretary at the address above. All donations will be acknowledged and information can also be provided on regular donations through banker's orders, gift aid, legacies etc.