Who we are and what we do
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (RJAH) is a specialist hospital providing elective orthopaedic surgery and musculoskeletal medical services. It is committed to providing the best possible care, training and research to serve the people of both England and Wales, and beyond. It also provides some local hospital services for the
communities in and around Oswestry.
The hospital has a national and international reputation for orthopaedic surgery and musculoskeletal medicine, including research into disorders of bone, joints and muscles. Services and research activities include spinal injuries, rheumatology, sports injuries, stem cell therapy, metabolic disorders and orthotics.
The Trust prides itself in achieving orthopaedic excellence and maintains a significant contribution to training orthopaedic surgeons. The hospital trains 10% of all orthopaedic surgeons within the UK through the post graduate training scheme. The Trust also contributes to the training of Pre Registration Healthcare professionals by providing clinical placements for nursing,
physiotherapy, occupational therapy, operating department practitioners, orthotic and radiography students.
How we fit into the NHS
- Information about the structure of the NHS in England is available from the NHS Choices website
- Information about the structure of the NHS in Wales is available from the NHS Wales website
- Geographically, The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated within Shropshire County PCT (Primary Care Trust), which is within the West Midlands Strategic Health Authority.
Trust Board Members and other Senior Staff
- Visit the Trust Board section where you will find details about our Trust Board Members and Trust Management Executive. Details about how much they are paid can be found in Annual Reports.
Location and contact details for our main departments
Information about our main departments is available from the Our Services section of this website.
List of main commissioners
- Shropshire County PCT
- Telford & Wrekin PCT
- South Staffs PCT
- North Staffs PCT
- Hereford PCT
- Worcester PCT
- Wolves PCT
- Dudley PCT
- Stoke PCT
- Walsall PCT
- Warwickshire PCT
- Central & Eastern Cheshire
- Western Cheshire
- Pembrokshire LHB
- Ceredigion LHB
- Powys LHB
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- West Midlands Spines
- North West Spines
- HCW Spines
- National Commissioning Group